Want to lead one of the most vibrant and exciting organizations on campus? Do you love Hawkeye Sports? APPLY FOR THE HAWKS NEST EXECUTIVE BOARD! tinyurl.com/k263jnd
From tailgating on Melrose to Back in Black by AC/DC, Hawkeye football is filled with traditions. Kinnick Stadium is the place to be on football Saturdays because every Hawkeye fan knows there is a good time to be had by all.
The University of Iowa is not only a great school for academics and research, but all Hawkeye sporting events are unforgettable. The Hawks Nest has compiled a list of a few of our favorite things about Hawkeye football and we want to share them in today’s blog.
The Hawks Nest favorites about Hawkeye football:
- Tailgating on Melrose. What more could you ask for? The giant turkey legs, endless Hawkeye spirit, and a great view of Kinnick Stadium. You can find fans tailgating from the crack of dawn until the gates open for the game.
- We love Herky. Herky is always ready to get the crowd excited before, during, and after every Hawkeye football game.
- Back in Black. When you hear the speakers blasting this beloved AC/DC song anytime of the year, it reminds you of football season.
- Diehard Hawkeye fans. You can hear people cheering throughout Iowa City on game days. Diehard Hawkeye fans truly make each and every game unforgettable.
- The game day atmosphere. From being under the touchdown flag in the student section to chanting I-O-W-A, there is nothing to dislike about a Saturday spent inside the walls of Kinnick Stadium.
Being a Hawkeye fan means you are a part of long standing traditions and a well-known athletic program. The fans, students, and athletes make each and every game worth attending. What’s your favorite part of Hawkeye football?
Do you want to be a bigger part of Hawks Nest? Love Hawkeye football?
We have a great opportunity for you, join our brand new Hawks Nest Football Committee!
WHAT IS THE HAWKS NEST FOOTBALL COMMITTEE (HNFC)?
The Hawks Nest Football Committee is a newly organized subcommittee of Hawks Nest under the direction of the Hawks Nest Football Director. The goal of the HNFC is to continue to make a great game day atmosphere at historic Kinnick Stadium for both the student fans in the stands and the student athletes on the field.
WHO CAN JOIN THE HNFC?
Any Hawks Nest member is able to join, simply fill out this application (on the next page) and send it to email@example.com. You do not have to be a current member to apply, just sign up for 2014-2015 membership when they go on sale this upcoming fall.
More information is in the application! Check it out and if you have any questions, contact Evan Mayer the Director of Football for Hawks Nest.
Hawks Nest is unveiling new changes to our executive board structure for the upcoming executive board elections. New positions this coming year include Director of Events, Basketball Director, Football Director, and Olympic sports director. Follow this link to download your application and for more information regarding the individual positions!
It’s that time of they year again! Hawks Nest will be announcing information regarding our upcoming executive board elections in the coming days. Stay tuned to iowahawksnest.org, our Facebook page, and our Twitter account for all of the details. For more information, please email the Executive Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. On Iowa and Go Hawks!
In collaboration with First Year Hawks LLC, Hawks Nest hosted a watch party for this past Friday’s Iowa vs. Iowa State Men’s Basketball game in the Currier MPR. Over 100 students turned out and enjoyed free pizza, pop, and came away with some really awesome prizes for answering challenging Hawkeye Trivia. Hawks Nest would like to thank all of the students who attended the watch party, as well as First Year Hawks LLC for your help with the planning and assistance in ensuring the event went on as smoothly as possible!
Look out for an announcement about another possible watch party during the B1G Season! Go Hawks!